Powering your home business
Running a business can be complicated and stressful at the best of times. There are so many things to think about especially when you’re starting up.
- Do I need an online presence, where and how do you even do that?
- How can you get a nice website, without paying a fortune that is easy for you to manage without being a “Tech Person”.
- What message do you want to share through your presence? Information, sales or both?
- How often can you update your site content?
- Emails, email@example.com isn’t the most professional way of selling your business. You’ll ideally want your own domain name – this is easier and cheaper than you may think! Business Victoria has a guide, but we can help you with this as it can be overwhelming.
- How can you easily invoice people and take credit cards and bank transfers safely whilst being protected from fraudsters and not paying huge fees to someone else.
- Would you like to be able to take payments online, at markets and/or in-house? With the ATO recently saying over 75% of transactions are now electronic and 90% of businesses accepting card, you can’t afford turn away customers by only accepting cash.
- Some suggestions would involve looking at solutions like Square* where you can use any device to send & process payments.
- Social media and blog posts are a sensational way of getting awareness and site traffic to your business, this can easily be linked up to most social media sites. Automatically posting your content at the best times without you having to think about it.
- Customer database, where will you store your customer data, invoices, receipts and other information?
SnapeIT has helped many home and small businesses just like yours setting up these things, we can organise your online presence and show you some solutions for payments all whilst keeping costs to a minimum. Saving you time, money and keeping you happy is our focus, whether you sell fruit & veg at a local market, run a services company or sell products we can help you get on your way.
*We don’t receive any payments for Square referrals, however new businesses & SnapeIT will receive some free payment processing for referrals.